Sunday, April 19, 2015

Must start somewhere

In a previous post, I explained that at age 15, I was 5 feet 9 inches and weighed about 280 pounds.  I went on to describe my less-than-kind childhood.  I now tip the scale at 309 pounds.  That is fat!!!   I am again tired of being fat.  I have had enough!   I need to start the journey I did in 2006 (when I was 44).  I was on a journey and successfully lost 100 pounds.  I need to do this again!

Fitness and weight loss are always goals people discuss.  We make New Year’s resolutions, watch shows like The Biggest Loser, buy vitamins advertised as available at GNC, and see Weight Watchers commercials.  Everywhere I look, there are suggestions of what I should look like and do.  Yet year after year, Americans are getting fatter and less healthy.

One of the biggest problems and barriers to success is time.  I am busy and highly stressed at work.  I rush to work long days at the office (an average of 55 hours a week) and rush (slowly) in rush hour traffic to get home.  I struggle to do all that I need to and want to, but I always need more time in the day to get it all done.  Exercise plans get pushed off a few weeks into the next month.  

I need to make living a healthy life a priority!  

Here are my thoughts:
  1. I did not get fat overnight.  I cannot get fit overnight.
  2. I have no trainer or support staff.  I am working a full-time job and living an everyday life.
  3. Changing my diet to a healthy eating lifestyle will do a lot for me.
  4. I will exercise with both weights and cardio activities.
  5. I plan to help others through this account of my struggles and successes.

I plan to track my progress with occasional blog updates.  I am not a fitness expert, but I don’t need to be.  I just need to be motivated.  I also was able to pick up another gimmick to waste more time.  Amazon had the Garmin Vivo Fit 2 on sale for $59, so I bit.  It will be here on Tuesday.

I will close with a photo that could be better, but it was my first effort with my new 150-600 mm lens. I have been improving my bird or similar photography. I must be proactive and watch to ensure my healthy activities come first.




No comments: