Saturday, September 19, 2009

One Sick Ignoramus

I finally went to the regular Doc today after feeling like crap for weeks. I just brushed it off as seasonal allergies and have been putting up with the crap that comes with it. But I was getting worse, and now that I have been pain-free in the knee and riding a bike (PT has done wonders for the shoulder), my lungs and energy level were just not there. I was so tired but could not breathe when I lay down and woke often at night...

Well, he stocked me up on meds... WOW. I have a sinus infection, bronchitis, and a middle ear infection. My head was in so much pain. We also did a blood test, and my Vitamin D level is low again? My Doc is sending me to a nutritionist to evaluate what may happen. I think I ate right, but I will find out.

So I have four medicines of a variety the guy on the street corner would envy? By Monday, I am better, so I can at least enjoy a workout without feeling dizzy, weak, and light-headed. Well, ever since my bike crash, my head has been an issue, but some think I was born that way. Either way, I'm drugging myself up and looking forward to improving. Why do men take so long to go to the Doctor?

Although I am very superstitious, today is my birthday! So I take all this as a 47th present to myself!

Carry on...

6 comments:

SteveQ said...

Take care! I frequently get sinus infections and earaches tend to go with them. I never get any meds for it though! Must be the bronchitis that got you the good stuff.

Kel said...

Happy Birthday Londell!

Hope you are on the mend and ready to get back out on the trails :)

Bethk said...

Happy Birthday! Geez, I'm glad you finally went to the doctor. You are really sick! Take care and get some rest.

Helen said...

Happy Birthday!!! Feel better soon.

Wayne said...

Sounds like you'll be feeling great in a little while, once the meds do their job. Happy Birthday, eat some ice cream! (Ok, it's now Sunday so eat some today if you missed it yesterday.)

Diane said...

Happy b-day! And feel better soon!