Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I was wrong...

I like the Biggest Loser. I like the heart and soul that often comes with the workouts and results... I was looking forward to this season. Bob and Jill working together. Dan is such a friendly kid and is back to finishing what he started. This was a season of good people. But after tonight, I am just disappointed! Where do some of these people come from? My wisecrack answer is their mother, but come on! Today, Steve Quick wrote The Biggest Loser, officially a freak show. There is a freak on the show... Does Tracy really have anything going for her? Some people, like the red team, are just great human beings. I feel sorry for Mo! To have such an idiot for a partner, what a bummer! And how can you lose 11 pounds without a trainer and get injured, plus eat four cupcakes and supposedly be under such stress... When I stress out, weight gain is the only result.

Oh well, I walked at 15% on the treadmill again for 30 minutes, which was 1.7 miles, and then rode my bike for over an hour. It felt good! On my way up, I'm looking so forward to Shelley (my girlfriend) finishing her first half-marathon at Whistlestop in 11 days. I'm also looking forward to volunteering at Surph the Murph. I look forward to the treadmill at 15% tomorrow. Yep, looking up!

Carry on...

4 comments:

Diane said...

Nice! I'm glad to hear that you are getting some nice workouts in. Amen to the 15% incline treadmill walking--you know I swear by that!

Wayne said...

Alright, Londell... glad to hear things are going well and looking up! Keep at it.

SteveQ said...

I get why people enjoy the show (and obviously I watch it) and I think the world of people who are trying to improve themselves. My main issues with the show this season are: 1)400 pounds is now the norm. People trying to drop some weight can't relate to those who lose 15 pounds a week simply by not being around junk food. 2) They need a team of psychiatrists. No one gets to be 400 pounds without some psychological issue (eg. on the show "Ruby" about a woman who's lost 400 of her 700 pounds thus far, she has an entire decade she can't recall - there's undoubtedly some serious abuse, probably sexual, in her background - she needed to drop weight before dealing with emotional issues as a matter of life and death. This is not the case on the Biggest Loser.)

Jillian screaming abuse at people until they cry is NOT helping them. It does make for good TV, though.

Beth said...

I recorded it but haven't watched it yet. I've really enjoyed it in seasons past so I hope they haven't jumped the shark this season. Great job on the treadmill and have fun volunteering.