Monday, September 7, 2009

Burger verdict / new blog & more

Well, I have come to the conclusion that real beef is better. Hard to believe but true in my mind. I have decided that veggie burgers are OK, but the best nutritionally overall is real beef (97/3) and my dry pulp left from the morning juice. I feel better with that combination. I also will make them with a bit of coconut oil... No sodium... I do not even season them... M M GOOD. Maybe next year, at a fat ass run that I can actually run, I will supply the burgers? Any interest?

I have been biking/walking more. I totaled 47.5 miles of biking last week, plus 12 miles of walking. It sure feels nice to get some workouts under the belt, and even though they are not killers, they still push the knee a little. I see the Doc tomorrow (Tuesday, September 8) but have yet to get clearance to run... I know that based on the pain. I also will start physical therapy on the shoulder next week. Is that all I need?  Should I tell the Doc that I could simultaneously do therapy on the knee? Physical therapy is required on the right knee and right shoulder. Nothing is left. (pun intended)

Last, I have started a new blog. It is called Daily Shot. (http://timetopicts.blogspot.com/) I did so for two reasons. 1) I have my new camera and iPhone 3Gs and practically every day I see something that is cool and deserves to be preserved in a picture. 2) Friends have been talking about Julia/Julia (the movie) and how the reader cooked her way through an elder's cookbook each day and put it on a blog (The real blog).

I will see if I can post 365 consecutive interesting pictures (or videos from the iPhone). One each day. All unique from my daily experiences. I was thinking, why a new blog as opposed to putting them here? It allows me to post daily without comments, and here, this is more about my life than about other subject matter. Some may not care about the pictures, others about life, so separate Blogs are the final answer.

Carry on...

1 comment:

Beth said...

Good luck with the new blog. I will have to check it out! Good luck at the Doc. I'm sure he/she will be impressed with your progress. You are doing great!