Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Glucose and my race?

I had some comments about the glucose level. That was an easy one to figure out. I have been working out less but still enjoying high carbo powder drinks... There should have been an issue, as I had carbs for most meals and beverages. Just a little stupid... My level was a fasting level of 106, whatever that means. He stated this could be related to the high stress I have had and the diet. So, I adjusted the diet and will be tested after the 12 weeks of Vitamin D therapy.

On the funnier side, with a name like Londell, people often think I am the son of Aunt Jamima. It is funny how when they see me the first time I hear, I thought you were black (sorry - African American)... Yesterday, I had someone tell me they thought I was just past 20 years old and black because they tried to get info on me on the Internet and found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xtCQ1mWN9c

Then I was asked if I had any relation to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnnENy9ogWE

1 comment:

SteveQ said...

I was expecting, when you mentioned high glucose and taking medicine that they'd put you on metformin. 106 is high normal (70-110) if fasting. I'm sure you've been told this a million times, but losing weight will lower that number.

When I first heard the name Londell, I thought southern (white trash?), but not black, as there's not many black ultrarunners.