Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blood work issue?

It's been a while. But without sounding pouty, life is not superb, and who wants to hear the battiness I have right now? I know I do not want to write it, and I am sure you do not want to read it.

Running has been non-existent, and I have no urge to run. I have been averaging over an hour per day biking and elipticizing. I add some weights in there for good measure.

Biggest Loser was on tonight... I am so mad that Vicky has a chance to go to the Final... If I was married to her, I am sure I would be in jail, and I am not violent at all. I would find a way to go to jail, as being with her would be worse...

My big issue is my overall health. I mentioned earlier that my blood test was not good and that I would write about it later. I waited to write to see how I felt after a few weeks of changes. The Physician said I have a significant Vitamin D deficiency. My Cholesterol and all other tests were great, but my glucose was high.

The Dr. has me on a once-a-week dose of 50,000 IUP Vitamin D. Yes, you read that right, 50,000… This was a prescription. Image the over-the-counter pills that would be taken? I still have a hard time saying 50,000…

Even after three weeks, I am much less fatigued and sleep better. At this rate, I may be ready to train after the first of the year? But train for what, I do not know. As I said at the start, I do not feel like running and have not run…

Carry on…

4 comments:

Carl Gammon said...

I'm glad you saw the doc and that you are at least feeling better in that area.

Hang in there with whatever other "battiness" you're fighting. Add a little perseverence to the mix, and maybe a little prayer, and you'll get through. And remember to "carry on!"

SteveQ said...

The vitamin D deficiency just might be part of the reason you're not feeling so great. Did you have a hemoglobin A1c test to see if the glucose has been high for a while?

Karen G said...

Hey- its great you are feeling better!!! That is really a lot of Vitamin D.
I am also wondering about the glucose issue if you are going to do anything specific about it.

Karen G said...

Oh and I agree with you about the Biggest Loser- I dislike Vicky too!!! It is my favorite show and I hate the thought of her being the winner.