Monday, January 28, 2008

Under 250…. Over 30…

Well, Sunday was a good day, I think….  Nice weather, nice runs, and a weight of 248.6…  Cool…  I also am back over 30 miles.  It's not much for the people I hang out with, but I will build slowly.  I still lift three days a week and bike 50-70 miles.  But the runs, and half the miles outside, totaled 34.9 miles.  I found going 5-plus miles easy, which was not true just weeks ago.  I have had no pain, and that is good.  I think I was more emotionally screwed up over quitting at 77 miles at the Superior 100 than anything else quits. 

I feel good, so I registered for the 50 PsychoWyco race on February 9. It should be fun, and I hope to make it an easy 8-hour run. I have never run a race there before, but there's a 10-hour limit, which will surprise me unless there is a challenging course. 

Ran outside for 10 miles today.  It rained.  Holy crap, rain in January.  It was big drops, not just a little rain/sleet, but actual rain.  You could see it on the sidewalk as I finished my run. 

I recently found a new website that allows me to download my Garmin 305 and share data. I ran Sunday with my girlfriend, and the results can be seen at http://allsportgps.com/Data/ActivityDisplay.aspx?tripId=129710. I love this watch, but if they only had a plug that would allow accessory charging without a cradle, I wouldn't have bought it. Oh well, it is as near perfect as I can expect. 

Carry on…

No comments: