Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Nice ride

 I was able to commute to work today and miss the rain.  However, it was perfect timing: The raindrops started when I pulled up to the garage on my return from work!  I do not mind riding in the rain but prefer avoiding it for safety reasons.

After today, I have logged 1,429.1 miles in 83 hours of riding (17.21 MPH).  I know that might seem fast, but with the e-bike, that speed is easier.  When I ride the e-bike, I set my Garmin to buzz the watch if I drop below 120 BPM or above 150 BPM Heart rate.  I adjust the assist accordingly.  To date, the average heart rate is 127 BPM.  So I still get a workout on the 40-minute ride one way to work.  As shown below, I commute by bike almost three times as much as by car.  I do not know of a price increase in gas prices as this is the first time I have filled my car up in over a month.


I will ride again tomorrow and hope to ride all week.  The weather may change that possibility.  I will close with a story about not giving up!

During the gold rush, a man mining in Colorado for several months quit his job. He had yet to strike gold, and the work was becoming tiresome. So he sold his equipment to another man, who resumed mining where he had left off. 

The new miner's engineer advised him that gold was only three feet from where the first miner stopped digging.  
The engineer was right, which means the first miner was a mere three feet away from striking gold before he quit.

The Moral:

When things start to get hard, try to persevere through adversity.  Many people give up on their dreams because the work becomes too difficult, tedious, or tiresome–but often, you're closer to the finish line than you may think, and if you push just a little more complicated, you will succeed.

No comments: