Monday, June 6, 2022

New bike?

 I have 13 bikes in the garage.  Two of my sons, two for Shelley, five for Shelley's grandkids, and four are mine.  I have two Surly Long haul Truckers; one is an electric vehicle made with the Bionx D500 in 2015, and the other is for riding without electric assistance.  I also have my original Cannondale SR400 from the 80s and my Juiced RipCurrent S fat tire bike.  My Bionx has about 12,000 miles, and I am starting to have intermittent issues.  The Juiced Bike has about 4,000 miles, and I can tell the motor is getting old.  Bionz is a brushless system, and the Juiced is a brushless geared motor from Bafang.  Rare to get more than 5,000 miles on that motor.



My 7 year old Bronx on the LHT



With the Bionx nearing the end of life, I decided to look for a solid bike on sale.  I was pleased to find a Diamondback Current to replace the Bionx.  Tomorrow will be the first long ride; I hope it was a good choice.  I got the bike for $1,2000 off on sale!  To hard to pass up a Bosch Performance Line CX motor and its components.

Let me see how it goes. So now I have 14 bikes in the garage, five of which are mine: three electric and two non-electric.

No comments: