Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Very little change

Besides health, I have been so frustrated with an issue with my new bike.  When I first purchased the bike, I hit a rough railroad crossing and bent the rear wheel slightly.  So, I had the wheel rebuilt.  Since then, I have broken my rear spoke about every 50 miles.  So far, I have broken seven spokes.  The person who built the wheel tightened the spokes as they all failed at the nub every time.  It is time not to fix it and take the wheel to someone who can build it.  When I originally asked about it from where I bought the bike, they said they could do it; they do not do it often.  Was that my first mistake?

I did get a few rides to work, which was good.  I am a little fatigued, and my legs are sore.  I find walking hard, as my ankles are also swollen.  I feel better the days I ride, and the pain is more severe when I do not ride.

So, for my health status.  The cancer testing came back negative, so there must be bleeding they are trying to find.  The upper GI found a hernia that is bleeding, but not to a level to cause the Anemia.  I do not have the results of the Capsule Endoscopy.  It has been 12 days, and surprised I have heard nothing.  I also did not see the camera pass, which I am not sure is a significant concern?

My INR dropped from 2.6 to 1.7 over a week.  We updated the dose, and the follow-up two weeks later was 2.3 last Friday.  So, that is getting closer to balance.  I know I bruised badly, so must it be working?  

My hemoglobin is 10.1, which is a slight drop.  The Doctor decided I would have Inflectra Infusion as they assume the iron capsules are destructive to the stomach.  I have experienced extreme stomach pain.

I hope to get my bike back tomorrow and get some rides in over the weekend.  I also hope the weather is good for the opening of the NDSU Bison football game and then the State Amateur Baseball event on Saturday night.  I will also spend 10-15 hours at work, as this illness has created issues with work, and we need to catch up.  I often wonder if this job is killing me.

Either way, I am alive but need clarification about the issue I am fighting.  The problems identified are: 1) Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), 2) significant Pulmonary Embolism, 3) Anemia, and 4) Eosinophilic esophagitis.  Now, we need to know how to treat the combination of issues.



No comments: