Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Big change in life today

Not for me, but for my girlfriend, her daughter (and husband) and her granddaughter.  Well maybe me as when we met I was 8th on the priority list of my girlfriend's life.  Over the years, I clearly moved up to a high of 4th.  After today, I will move from 9th to 10th, understandably. Today the young family of three (below) becomes a family of four.


This little 2.5-year-old girl (below) will have a new baby sister.  She will no longer be the center of attention.  She will no longer have the ice cream all to her self.  She willow have to experience that dreaded word for any young child, being share.


Unlike when this little girl above was born, when my girlfriend had to purchase quick, very expensive flights 1,000 miles away, they now live close.  So for three days, we watch this bundle of activity and joy while mom recuperates and dad prepares for the change.

I hope to go practice my camera skills later today and get this family of four caught in time on the special day.  Although, we will take it day by day and hope for the best.  Having a child is hard and raising a child is hard.  Adding a second child to the mix adds joy and stress.  I can only pray for the best as they are a great couple and the older sister is one of a kind.

No comments: