Sunday, July 6, 2014

What is next?

It has been six weeks since the 11-day Denver to Minneapolis bicycle ride and two weeks since Grandma’s Marathon.  I think that was all a little too much, but well worth the effort.  Many pains still exist.  I still do not have full feeling in the outer parts of the hands, I feel fatigued, slight right knee twinge and my painful left ankle is almost twice the size of the right ankle.  The best idea is to give it time, although I want to ride bike to work.  Not for the sake of riding, but to save miles on the car.

I will be getting up early tomorrow.  My son starts his new job.  He departs MSP airport at 6:30 AM on his way to Atlanta.  It is easier to give hi a ride, even though parking is reimbursed.  It just adds 15 or more minutes to park and then get the ride to the airport.  He returns on Thursday, late.  This same routine will continue through the next few months.  This is exciting while I am sure a little daunting.  I am so proud of him!

On another front, I shipped my Nikon D600 back to the factory.  While I was hopeful I avoided the oil spots on the sensor issue, I was not so lucky.  Fortunately Nikon does a full repair for free, including the shipping.  I am just out the camera for the next few weeks, I assume.  Before I sent the camera off for repairs, I did get some good fireworks pictures.








I also purchase the pictures from Grandma’s.  Some were pretty good.  The finish picture was the tail of two runners.  I was spend an my son looked like it was a walk…



Right now, I really need to find something to enjoy.  The letdown on the bicycle ride ending and the 30-year run at Grandma’s complete was greater than expexted.  What is next?  I am not sure, but life is les fun right now!


No comments: