Monday, July 21, 2014

A little better?

It has been over two weeks since I looked at Facebook.  I have only looking at personal e-mails two or three times.  I have discovered that the world has not changed.  I am not sure when, or if, I will look at Facebook again or clean out the e-mail box, but there is no hurry.

I did get about 140 miles biking last week.   A few rides to work and then Tour the Saints 50 mile with Shelley Sunday.  It was very difficult with 15+ mile per hour winds that seemed to change based on the direction we traveled.  Shelley still did a PR of 3:20 for the 50 miles.

I did replace several bike parts before the ride.  Replaced the rear sprocket, replaced broken spokes, new rear sprocket, removed the 28 rear / 25 front mm tires used on the Denver to Minneapolis trip back to the 25 rear / 23 front mm.  The 28 mm tire was hard to get off the bike.  I also replaced a shifter cable and adjusted the front derailleur, which was having issues.  I am glad I took the bike mechanics course so I could do the work myself.  I estimate I save $300 doing the work myself.

I have not been taking pictures lately as I have been busy at work and I had to send my D600 in for repaired.  There was a recall for sensor spots, which I started to notice the last time I used the camera.  I had shipped it out on July 5 and it was returned today (June 21).  I will test it out this weekend.

One thing I struggle with is the emotional letdown after the bike ride and finishing my 30th consecutive Grandma’s marathon.  I think I need a goal, and objective, something to strive for or I get lost.  I am concerned my body will not allow this as I have aged.  It is not as easy to recover.  I find work stress at an all time high is taking its toll as well.  We are short staffed and I have worked no less than a 55 hour week for quite some time and have logged as much as 70 hours.  I usually get to work by 6 AM and leave about 6 PM while eating through lunch.  I think I need to get perspective.

On a positive note, I actually enjoyed a few 2-mile runs.  That was a huge surprise as for the past years; I found no enjoyment in a run.  I will try this again a few times and have high hopes for a turn-around.  Either way, I need to keep going, head on, and that is all I know I can do.

How I feel when I run..  At least this is what I envision the view from others would be...



No comments: