Thursday, December 5, 2013

Twas just weeks before Christmas

A few years ago, when I blogged more frequently and people read the information, I posted my ideal Christmas list. Someone read it, as on Christmas morning, I had an interesting gift I wanted from Santa. The biggest surprise was that Santa read my blog, and I must have been a little nice! I never learned who it really was, so I came to the conclusion that Santa must be real.

So, this year, I will again see if anyone reads my information.  I know people read the information, so let me say that differently.  See if anyone who would traditionally give me a gift reads the blog.  Maybe Santa may reread it, and I am not sure I have been nice this year…


But before I get into the list, let me share my favorite Santa quotes. Some you may have heard, but they are always worth repeating.
  • "The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." (George Carlin)
  • "Santa Claus has the right idea - visit people only once a year.(Victor Borge)
  • "Santa was happily married, but his wife wasn't." (Victor Borge)
  • "One of the problems we have in this country is that too many adults believe in Santa "Claus, and too many children don't." (Lee Lauer)
  • 
" I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included." (Bernard Manning)
  • "You know you're getting old when Santa starts looking younger." (Robert Paul)
Anyway, on to my list:
  • Be pain-free!  Most of this year I have had brutal headaches and they progressively get worse.
  • Be infection-free.  In October, I found I had the infection, which in 2010 resulted in major surgery.  I recently finished my Levaquin, Pro-Air, Q-Var, Fluticasone, and Prednisone routine.
  • The ability to relax and wind down for a few days
How silly of me, Santa can't bring health and well-being!  So here are things I would use: (LIST UPDATED AFTER CHRISTMAS AS I TOLD MY FAMILY OF THE LIST AND BLOG...  Did not want to give them ideas for next year...)
  • A NDSU sweatshirt....  SOME DID GET THIS FOR ME!!!!!!!
  • REMOVED FROM LIST AS CHRISTMAS HAS PAST
  • An extra battery for my Nikon D600. It's not the knock-off; it's the real Nikon one.  PURCHASED FOR MYSELF..
  • REMOVED FROM LIST AS CHRISTMAS HAS PAST
  • REMOVED FROM LIST AS CHRISTMAS HAS PAST
  • REMOVED FROM LIST AS CHRISTMAS HAS PAST
  • REMOVED FROM LIST AS CHRISTMAS HAS PAST
  • REMOVED FROM LIST AS CHRISTMAS HAS PAST
  • REMOVED FROM LIST AS CHRISTMAS HAS PAST
None of this matters much if we are together without argument for at least one day.  That would be the best Christmas gift of all.  Peace and happiness are the ones we love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the gift and you deserve it! Keep writing.

Your secret Blog reader.