Thursday, December 8, 2011

My 3rd post in 2011...

Been a long time.  After the surgeries and other things, I am back.  This has been a tough year.  So what has happened in the past 14 months:
  • My son brought bedbugs back from Germany; that was a big bummer. I eliminated the problem by freezing everything I own.  I put it outside in January for 3 weeks and moved...  No more issues!
  • I moved in with my girlfriend (kind of). We really do not live as a couple. I live in her basement.
  • I am finishing the third year of working at least 65 hours a week and volunteering more than 10 hours a week on average...  No wonder I have gained weight...  This year, I have averaged 76 hours a week for 2011.
  • I am only 29 pounds below my 302 weight in 2005...  I gained an average of 1.4 pounds a month since 2006.
  • Logged my first 2,500 bike miles per year ever.  Only ran about 30...
  • Finished my 27th consecutive grandma's marathon.
  • Worked or volunteered 46 out of the last 56 weekends.
  • All done with tennis after this weekend.  Bittersweet...  But I have come to the point I despise the sport...  Some too many good old boys claim to be leaders but are only egomaniacs doing what they can to please their elite friends and have little care for the sport overall.
  • Looking forward to next weekend and volunteering at the Tuscobia 50, 100, and 150-mile ultra.  Friday away from the office and a weekend of fun!  These ultra directors, runners, and friends are all great people who do not know what the word ego means...
I'm looking forward to a 45-hour week to start 2012 and getting a little bit of my life back that has been almost gone for so long. I'm just finishing off so many responsibilities and promises in my life.  

2 comments:

Wayne said...

Hey Londell - I hope to see you at Tuscobia! Don't leave after your shift - I'm doing the 50K and will then be hanging out at the Winter checkpoint overnight.

Hmmm, maybe you should just hike from Birchwood to Winter... :)

-Wayne

Beth said...

LONDELL! I'm just now figuring out that you are back! Now I need to read the rest of your posts and catch up. Bummer about the bed bugs. :( Hoping 2012 brings you less responsibilities and more joy.