Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tuscobia - here I come to volunteer

I have had very little time to work out this year, but I have been thrilled and enjoyed volunteering to aid those who can and want to run.  Tuscobia is a 50K, a 75M and a 150M.  I'm unsure how many runners there will be, but Bill and I will man a station.  It should be fun, as long as I do not give Bill's coffee away like I did in Superior...  Oops.

Anyway, took Friday off from work.  That means this week is only a 36-hour work week, almost half the average for the year...  I almost feel like a slacker for not getting a workout in this week.  I did plan, but even the best plans are only possible if I get off my oversized bottom!  Excuses are not a good idea, but it has been a depressing week!  Tennis officiating has been a huge part of my life; this is the first week of letting that go.  It is like a 12-year relationship that I broke up with, and as strange as it sounds, it is not easy.

Getting a workout on the Holiday is even harder when it is not a habit.  Will do what I can!

Did watch the Biggest Loser Finale.  The at-home winner looked kind of scary.  It was a really boring season, and I missed over half.  Anna K. was not a very good trainer, in my opinion.  Bob is still the king!

So, let's see what next week can hold.  Crap that is the week before Christmas, and I think there is something I am supposed to do.  What could that be?  Mmmmm?  Oh crap, buy presents.  Do you think if I believe in Santa hard enough the tree will have presents and i will not have to do anything.  I will think about it...

When I was married, someone else always did a great job caring for those things...  Been a long time, and I still have not broken the habit of having it done for me.  This is brought back to mind as I go through so many hours of home videos as I convert them to DVD...  Like, I need another thing to bring me down... It was a good time, and things went differently.  I was a father, and that shows...  Something no one can take away...  It may be time to grow up...  but a run sounds better!

As stated by Socrates, "As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."

Carry on...

1 comment:

Beth said...

I was thinking about you when I was watching the Ironman Championships in TV. Did you see it? Tara from Biggest Loser did it and finished. If you haven't seen it, try to catch it. They interview her and she was thrilled to finish. Yes, Anna won't be back and probably a good thing.