Saturday, July 31, 2010

Crying...

I have been battling this infection for years. We have been trying to pinpoint when it started, but I was unsure. While the Levequin has its miserable side effects, my head is unlike any recent history I can recall. So clear!

Today, I was making several homemade burritos. I have a vacuum (food saver) and make several and freeze them. Use whole foods made from real beans, tomatoes, rice, green chili, organic cheese, avocado, shredded zucchini, and onion rolled in a spinach tortilla. For the first time in years, I CRIED CUTTING AN ONION. Wow, that is a switch. I can not recall the last time an onion made me cry. Same type, nothing different. The infection must finally get its bottom kicked, and my senses improving?  There is hope...

Another seven days of medicine. I leave for Kalamazoo for tennis on Thursday and will return on Sunday. It should be fun. I'm looking forward to getting clearance to work out again by mid-August. Is it just in time for it to be cooler?

That is about all. I will go cut another onion... What a welcomed feeling!!!

Carry on!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Whew! When I saw that post title I got worried. I'm so glad to hear things are going better, Londell.

SteveQ said...

Yeah, that title in my Google Reader was worrying... but I think you'll find a lot of foods taste a lot stronger now than they used to, too.