Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Update...

Last night, I did a 34-mile bike ride with stops throughout the ride, including a concert at Lake Harriet. This was after a few 3-mile runs over the past week. I am feeling good. Staying away from the scale, as I have enough reasons to feel bad, will eliminate that opportunity. Just working out regular will take care of the weight, I know it. When I work out, I automatically eat healthier. Although I went to the doctor today, the infection is still present. It is not as bad as before surgery, but he stated there are medications he may consider that will not allow me to run or work much for a few weeks. That would suck, but if that ends this multiple-year downgrade, I would embrace it fully!

I must say that stress has been a problem. Just like many in this economy, there is stress, which impacts everyone. One thing that can be stressful is relationships, especially when I think I am dating someone but am not sure. Talk about needing clarification.

Amazing how stress-free one can be, all be lonely when no relationships exist. But then I see some friends who are not in a relationship, who are so stress-free and others who are just burring into a hole. I see the same with married couples. I will never understand it and may never want to understand.

You know, I am not talking only about male/female relationships exclusively, but those with others like a sister, co-workers, sons, ex-wives, friends, etc. They all are wonderful to have and add benefit to one's life. There are times, however, when you just want to be alone.

My son recently blew his top about me just being here, grandpa calling, his girlfriend calling, and his friends calling. He just yelled, "I just want to be alone and have time by myself." It was a great example of what I mean by the impact of a relationship: We love them, we hate them.

My next few weeks are busy. This weekend, there is a junior event that has National Points. Then, depending on the weather, my son and I may head to the Superior Trail next weekend. The following weekend, I will be in Kalamazoo, MI, and the weekend after that, Colorado. The summer will go fast.

I will be up at the Superior 100 as a volunteer if needed. Either way, I will take a few hundred photos if I go. I will know in a few weeks if I get the time off from tennis to go up there. It would be so enjoyable!

I will go for a walk in the woods. It is very hot, but a few miles with the camera is nice.

Until next time, carry on...

No comments: