Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Biggest Loser and more

Well our hometown team made it back to the Biggest Loser Ranch this week. O'Neal and Sunshine Hampton are on the Ranch... They lost 76 pounds in 4 weeks at home. That is 9.5 pounds per week each on average. They beat out Cherita and Victoria who lost 63 pounds or 7.9 pounds each, at home! O’Neal lost just under 13 pounds a week...AT HOME. Holy shit I would love to hear his story. Maybe after the show he will share some of this with fellow Minnesotans… WOW! WOW! WOW!

What struck me more than that is the eloquence of Cherita in her words in defeat and the conciliatory words of O’Neal. Cherita did not lose, she impressed me so much! What a great human being.

With some of the people on the show this year I can not stand and I really almost quit watching it, but tonight those two adults really impressed me with the words that they stated in a fine manner. Impressing to me to say the least. So much CLASS! The next two weeks at a minimum I will look forward to seeing and hearing O’Neal and Sunshine who already appear to be in shock at the ranch… But by the end of the show, they looked adjusted! And it was so funny to see the fear expression on Sunshine's face when they were going to run 5 minutes and the look of confidence and happiness when she did it. Baby steps and perseverance is what I see is the road to success.

I myself have been moving right along. Not O’Neal like, but I think steady enough to be happy. Although I have not stepped on the scale in three weeks, I have continued to workout on the bike and elliptical daily. I have averaged 75 minutes a day for the month of January. I am lifting three days a week as well. My Plantar Fascia pain is only occasional and my knee feels great.

I wish there was more to say although I have been busy with work and tennis in the past month. The re-certification classes were last weekend and one again I am proud I aced all tests.

So as we start February, I wish you all well and hope we are preparing for spring? Hey, if you are looking for something to do on Valentines Day, the Cabooze has the annual Battle of the Jug Bands at 12:30 PM. 28th Annual Battle of the Jug Bands "The oldest jug band gathering in the known universe" including Como Avenue Jug Band, Malcom Tent and Heptic Discharge, Mississippi Underertow, Sasquatch Wristwatch, New Improved Jook Savages, Bernie King and the Guilty Pleasures, Good Samaritans, Goat Hearts, Fisher Coulee Ramblers, The Hump Night Thumpers, Mad City Jug Band, Boo Bradley, Feral Dogs, Lee "Colorblind" Johnson, Try This At Home Jug Band, Woodshop, MN 17, Strictly Jug Nuts, Mommy and the Bollocky Boys, West Bank Temperance League and the Roe Family Singers.

Although, this year will be a bummer as Cam Waters died just before last Christmas. He was only on the Minnesota music scene a short time but was so gifted. I know this will be especially great this year as I am sure he will be looking down from Heaven making this event the best it can be!

This event is really a hoot! Feel free to do a 20 mile run and then come on over to the Cabooze. All ages welcome and the kids may even find it FUN. They even have a potluck! The first time I went was in 2006 after Dana and I did a 8 mile run and she forced me to go and I had such a great time!!! I have never heard a live jug band before that (or at least that I recall).

I also found an old favorite food of my grandfather at that potluck, pickled pigs feet. Amazing how eating food can bring back so many memories. Writing this I realize how much I miss my Grandpa Bill. He was a man loved by all and a decade after he died, I still miss him. He was a great human who cared for everyone and was still able to fully care for himself. He died just days short of his 100th birthday and had a sharp and Witty mind up to the end!

Arrowhead 135 is underway and I have friends on their was to Texas for Rocky. Season getting started and I am getting excited!!!

Carry on my friends, Carry on...

3 comments:

wildknits said...

Ah - Cam Waters... remember hearing him years and years ago (18 or so - kids were babies then) at the Northland Folk Festival in Ashland. Have a tape rattling around the house somewhere. He will be missed!

Beth said...

I can tell your enthusiasm is on the rise. Yeah! I'm enjoying TBL, also, but missed that one. Glad the MN peeps are back and that they all played nice. I am also not liking some of the contestants, but like to watch when I can. So glad the knee is feeling good!

Steve said...

Londell, stay persistent and you will reach your goals. Success doesn't happen overnight. I'm looking forward to your return to the trails. You've been missed!