Monday, April 20, 2009

What a differance a day (or 2) makes

My last post was about my elevated heart rate. Well, I decided to take Saturday off and just did a little 25-minute, real-easy run Sunday (so I only had a 23.2-mile week but did bike 44.6 miles). This is down after two weeks of 30-plus-mile weeks.

Today, I woke with a resting heart rate down 16 beats (78 to 62) from Friday, and I ran. I ran in the rain (I loved it) and ran 20 seconds a mile faster than the week before on the same course, with an average heart rate of 132. I really enjoy the runs more often than not. That is a nice feeling after not wanting to run again last October. A little rest is all it takes. I love monitoring my heart rate!

I saw many who did a great job at Trail Mix. Steve Quick may be my Idol. He looked like hell and pulled off his first 100 a week before, and some pictures make him look like he was suffering at Trail Mix, yet he runs a time I can only dream of running. Karen Gall should get a Kudos. She has a challenging year and still finishes race after race. Wayne tended to improve his race times until this one, but this course was not the same as last year, and he ran faster than in 2007, so I argue the streak live!!!

I'm getting ready to volunteer this Saturday at Chippewa. The weather is iffy, but it will be a whole lot better than last year! I'll see many of you there, and I wish you well.

Carry on...

I am heading

3 comments:

Beth said...

So glad that you are rested and feeling like yourself again. Have fun with your volunteering- I'm sure it will be appreciated!

SteveQ said...

Maybe after Chippewa, when they're shoveling what's left of me into a car, you'll change your mind about that idol thing.

Wayne said...

Glad you're feeling better, Londell. See you at Chippewa. And I like that you're lobbying for the streak... maybe I'll count it as good but with a * by it. :)