Monday, April 6, 2009

30.8!

Well, I had an enjoyable 30.8-mile running week last week. That is an 18 percent increase in miles over the past week, which concerns me a little, as I was hoping to keep my weekly increases in the 5-10 percent range. I ran Monday through Saturday and took Sunday off. My pace was a little slower than weeks before, but this was the first week and all outdoors. The hamster wheel is much faster.

Looking forward to going to Zumbro early Friday to spend a great deal of time helping out. I am more excited about testing my newly acquired digital SLR and taking hundreds of pictures for people to download later. (LINK: http://picasaweb.google.com/runallday/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCPfMwOfztY_P8QE#) It will be a fun way to grasp the camera options. I also plan on pacing Steve (if he is slowed down by then) in the late hours of Friday or early hours of Saturday AM. Depends on how he is doing and where there is a need. It is funny that this turtle can pace the rabbit... But in the dark, we should be fine.

I hope all is well. As an addendum to my Vitamin D post last week, I was informed that intense exercise can also contribute to Vitamin D depletion. Training for a 100-mile run will fit the definition of intense, right?

2 comments:

Kel said...

Hey Londell, I'm finally starting to get excited about running again too (spring fever I guess).

See you at Zumbro!

SteveQ said...

My pacer's planning on going from 20 miles per week to a 20 mile loop of Zumbro! I'm so proud!