Sunday, November 2, 2008

UMTR and more

UMTR held the awards fest. It was a great gathering with many people, and I was glad to see many of them, as I hoped to see. We may have needed a bigger place if the people I missed could make it. The weather was great, and the awards were the best. Don and Bonny were so deserving of the outstanding awards they were given. I have often wondered what would happen to this sport if it were not for that close group of workhorses. I was going to names those i knew but there are so many other with a passion. I can never thank them enough; I am sure many feel the same way... I am just disappointed I do not have the urge to run... Hope it passes?

I did have the urge to bike. I was short of 50 miles for the weekend with the great weather. If I had known I was so close, I would have gone around the block a few times... Hope the Indian summer holds a few more day but i think that is a dream... It is now time for colder weather. Thank god I have a great workout room at the office with bikes, elliptical, weights, and treadmills. I may just stay in and try the "Diane Farmer" training method for a while? I don't know which TV show I prefer.

Anyway, I hope your health is well, and remember to vote. And if you need any opinions on who to vote for, check out http://margaretandhelen.wordpress.com. These are elderly ladies who are funny. Check out the post about Sarah Palen or the funny one, "Maverick my ass"... I think we can assume she is a Democrat, but she is feisty for her age! and she makes me laugh...

Carry on...

2 comments:

Diane said...

My vote is for episodic television shows that make you WANT to watch more episode/run 5 more miles. I have "The World at War" which I may attempt next.

Except, I sold my treadmill (about a week ago). I need to make a general blog announcement. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I thought about running outside and making Steve carry a television for me (it'll keep him closer to my pace).

SteveQ said...

Whenever I do a tough run on a hilly course, I think treadmills would be so much better - then I see a wild turkey or something and know there's a reason to be outside.
[Diane, if I moved furniture, my sideboard would be in my dining room and a bed wouldn't be.]