Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My blood boiled

I am usually mild-mannered when it comes to politics. This is from a person who has an undergraduate degree in Political Science and works for the Government. But this year, I find myself passionate. Although, it is the wrong kind of passion, and it varies from time to time.

First, this year for President, I was looking at the Vice President with a greater emphasis than in the past. One presidential candidate is older, and the other is sure to have some idiot looking to end his tenure. Lousy to think that way, but that is what I think. So when the VPs were announced, I was disappointed, to say the least, for both. So, I released that thought and thought about the Presidential candidates. I love McCain, but Pelen killed my vote for them.  Then I get this crazy Coleman and Frankin fiasco, which is even worse...

Then I saw what happened to my good friend and republican Neil Peterson. He voted for the transportation bill to override the Veto, and the Republicans in the state acted like two-year-old brats and worked to remove him. He was defeated in the primary. Neil has done more in his tenure than anyone I know. He voted for Minnesota, not a party.

So tonight I had a call from some poor young volunteer for the republican party and I snapped. I told the poor girl I would never vote for any Republican again after the two-year-old bratty behavior from our Governor and his party. Then I felt guilty as I was no better off than those I complained about. So now I have come full circle... I am still trying to figure out what to do in a few weeks. Not just for the President but for the local elections as well. I need clarification, but I am not alone when talking to many people.

I wonder if this emotional turmoil and confusion are more due to my miles being way down and me not working out as regularly as I should. Either way, decisions need to be made, and this voter is not ready—and I'm not sure if I will be.

Carry on...

1 comment:

Mike W. said...

Of course running would help the mind and you still have time to sign up for Surf the Murph. That way you would have plenty of time to work through the issues, at least I know I will and I look forward to the distraction.

I too am not happy too much greed, lies or half truths and way too much pandering which got me irritated after the last debates, just watched our 37b legislative debate and it didn't help me. I am tired of partisanship and would like to see changes made.

Anyway, stay involved (we all have to) and good luck with your decisions. Look forward to seeing you on the trails in the future