Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I ran... and enjoyed it...

A little... I did a 5K at a 10-minute-per-mile pace at lunch. I was surprised I seemed to labor for that pace, but fat in the mid-section does impact running. I did the elliptical machine before work for 34 minutes for the 2 miles. This elliptical at my office is difficult, but it gets miles compared to the last machine we used.

I don't know if I will run again this week, but the weather is such that I have to get out. So I am taking long walks along the river bottoms. I want to experience the changes in colors and exercise simultaneously. It's perfect weather for this, and as I am walking, I can look up. It's unlike a trail run, where the head stays down.

Hope all are recovering well and ready to enjoy the cool weather.

Carry on!

3 comments:

SteveQ said...

I just saw Alfred Sauld and Debbie McKinzie signed up for the Glacial 50K. You and Casey had better join them for a reunion!

Wayne said...

Hey Londell, sounds like you are recovering well. As you say, Carry on!

Karen G said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your run.