Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Time escapes faster as I get older!

It has been a while since I posted anything yet unsure sure why as there have been activities in my life. I fail to allocate time to write! I wonder if there will ever be a time that I can keep up with the writing as I would desire. I need to get life in order, that is on the fact all who know me agree. I have been busy!

One issue was last year, I had a goal to work less, and I made the goal. In 2016, my average workday was 7.0 hours. That increased to 7.3 hours in 2017. In 2018 that was reduced to 7.1 hours. Now that may seem like shorter workdays, but that is the average hours per day, all 365 days. Yes, all 365 days and no, I do not get paid overtime. Just crazy how they cut the staff by close to 20 percent yet expect we sill accomplish the same output. It is very hard, yet I am getting closure to retirement, so I will stick it out a little longer as opposed to struggling in a new position for a short period.

In November, I treated myself to a new car. I did not need a new car, but my whole life, I never purchased a vehicle for comfort. It was always a means of getting to point A to B, I did have my Smart cars, but they were less than $15,000 and fun to drive. I decided to spend almost twice as ever have on a vehicle and get a smooth driving vehicle with all the bells and whistles, and excellent gas mileage. What did I purchase, a Kia Niro Touring Edition. It is a hybrid, and I get about 50 MPG!



Healthwise, I had an issue over the holidays. I had struggled for two weeks with chest issues. Finally, on Christmas Eve morning, I went to the urgent care and found I had pneumonia. They put me on a series of medicines that mess up my system. It took weeks to get back to normal. I was concerned as I had planned a trip to Texas to see Jordan and go to the FCS National Championship game. I also was going to deliver plenty of thinks to him, so I drove.

The trip was tiring but enjoyable. I average just over 6 hours a day in the care for the six-day trip. I was part of the Bison migration, a fun app. The game was an event to remember. NDSU defeated Eastern Washington won 38-24, yet there were so many tense moments. Jordan and I had a great time. It was excellent as I see him so much less the past few years, but that is part of children getting busy with their own life.




I really wanted to find a way to ride bicycle more and drive less.  That is harder in the winter.  So I pulled the trigger and purchased a fat tire bicycle.  A juiced Ripcurrent S.  It will not arrived for about another week, but should be able to ride in February.


So in general, same old same old.  I am alive with little time for relaxation!

Carry on my friends, carry on...

No comments: