Sunday, September 17, 2017

So nice, I bought it twice

I have been feeling slightly better and I attribute that to the Injectifer (ferric carboxymaltose injections) treatments.  I had my second treatment on September 15th.  From everything I read and if the way I feel is correct, getting my iron up means more energy and SLEEP!

With a little more energy, I have been riding a little more and have gained strength.  While I enjoy riding my Bionx D500 DV on my Surly Long Haul Trucker, it is frustrating that once I hit 20 MPH the motor has a significant drag.  I LOVE the Long Haul Trucker ride, but it is difficult to remove the Bionx system if I want to ride the Long Haul Trucker without the weight and assist of the Bionx system.


My Bronx D500 DV on the Long Haul Trucker
Therefore, I decided to purchase a second Long Haul Trucker so I can ride with my girlfriend and not have the extra weight or Bionx boost. I also assume on the flats I will be able to exceed 20 MPH without the drag I get with the Bionx. I anticipate that my assumption is correct.  With the new bike, I would ride the Bronx D500 when I feel tired. It may allow me to ride to work more often and get a solid workout. Besides, I would leave the Bionx bicycle home if the weather is questionable. The 30 speed should still be a nice ride, even without the Bronx help.

Surly Long Haul Trucker
I did get out a few times this week:



Therefore 119.6 miles for the week.  That is good and I do not feel overly exhausted.

I did by a bluetooth speaker for my bicycle and love my choice.  The sound is great and it also has a horn.  The Venstar S404 speaker and it sounds great!

Well overall I am better.  My INR last check was 2.2 so it is stable.  An odd occurrence happen a the last appointment,  The nurse looked at me as she took my pulse.  It was a confused look.  She proceeded t take my pulse a second time.  She again was confused and I inquired.  She said my resting her rate was 48 BPM.  That was nice!

Things are better, I think.  So carry on my friends, carry on!  

1 comment:

wildknits said...

Glad to hear you are starting to feel better, and your INR's are stabilizing!

In light of everything you have going on that is some awesome mileage on the bike!