Saturday, July 9, 2016

10 weeks, I need to write more

So it has been 10 weeks since I last posted on the blog.  I could make all kinds of excuses, but they are just that, excuses.

Basically, it has been a hard few months. Work is much more stressful and I am having a VERY hard time looking forward to my day at the office.  But then, it is almost every day I go to the office.  Since January 1, I have had 43 days off.  That sounds great, but that includes all weekends and holidays.  Then if you consider 18 of those days were for moving my son and a very stressful bike venture with my son.  So in reality, I have had  it is 25 days off.  In that period, we had 5 holidays, so that is 20 days.  There have been 29 weekends, so do the math.

It has also been harder dealing with life.  It is strange how 35 years ago, my friends were getting married.  Then 25 years ago they were having children.  Now it has come a time when friends are passing away.  Think about it, I am in the stage of my life that friends are passing away!  Emotionally, I find it hard to have the strong optimism I had for decades.

It is also the time when my parents may pass at any time.  We never know as then near 80 years old.  My father and i have a limited relationship.  He still works hard on the farm every day.  Each time I see him he looks more worn.  As I age, my anger toward him as a father is less.  Fathers do what they can and we never know if it was right or wrong.  There is no manual for raising children.

I also had a issue with other family members.  My sisters son graduated and there were issues with he party.  He had a deadbeat father and the family structure is weak.  Not due to my sister not trying, she has worked her life hard for the kids and now grandkids, but the kids still expect so much from her and they are far from self sufficient.  It is a never ending issue and I do not know what to dot help, and that creates anger and issues.

For the past six weeks, my muscle aches and bones have hurt immensely.  I am finding I need 800-1,200 mg of advil liqui-gels to make it through he day.  Raises concern for me yet not sure what the options are to relieve pain.

The bike ride (I was the support) was fun but stressful.  If you want more details, see http://peasebikes.blogspot.com.  Basically he finished a ride that most people could not accomplish.

I have been taking some pictures lately as well.  My favorite from the trip is below.  Jordan did ride through the storm in the background!












No comments: