Wednesday, February 17, 2016

6 weeks, 11.9 sounds

Well, it has been 6 weeks since I have watched what I ate and worked out very little due to high stress and demands at the office.  I started on January 1 at 313.7 pounds.  I lost 6.6 pounds in the first three weeks and close to 5.3 pounds in the past three weeks. 

February 15, 2016

The first week of February, I helped my son move into a GREAT condo in Golden, Colorado. It is so nice, and I look forward to visiting more this summer to escape the office. 

Two days before the move, I visited the physician and needed to go on intense anti-biotic treatment again.  It played hell on my stomach.  While moving my son, I started to have all the symptoms of a bleeding ulcer, and the pain was excruciating.  I also had to have a root canal at the same time.  I could not sleep lying down, and even during the day, the pain was unbelievable.  I tried hard to balance the pain with Advil.  I was drinking anything robotic and watching what I ate.  It took under 10 days to get some semblance of routine and no longer have the jet-black stool!

So, on February 15, I weighed in at 301.8.  I was a little bummed as I was hoping to be in the 200’s again.  I feel lighter, but 12 pounds is not a feather.  I hope I continue good habits and, within the next two weeks, continue to be on the enable 2 pounds per week average weight loss.  I assume when I can ride a bike to work, I will increase that to 4 pounds a week with ease.  However, I am happy to have 2 pounds weekly for the first six weeks.

I also have been a little stressed lately about my father.  He is not doing well; I assume this is the last winter he will be with us on earth.  We do not have a relationship, but as I get older, I realize he did many things wrong, but he tried.  As I age, I make many mistakes that my son gets angry with, and most of the time, it is just I trying and failing. Is the father-son relationship I once thought was strong weakening?  That is hard to face, but I have made mistakes and am not sure they can be overcome.  Time will tell.


Last weekend, I also reviewed my 30th root beer(another blog). It was interesting to see the variety I found in 30 beverages, and I still have 70 in the basement to test!

I will update you as I continue to succeed.  Carry on, my friends, carry on!