Sunday, January 17, 2016

Time to get some order and balance?

I am optimistically looking forward to 2016.  At work, I am finally getting a great staff of direct reports who great assets.  Major projects that have required so much attention are nearing completion.  Overall, my work should be normal by the end of March.  Normal is 40-45 hour weeks with weekends off.  For the past five years normal has been over 60 hour weeks and a rare weekend off.  For 2015, I had less than 23 days off, and that includes holidays and weekend days. That is right, of the 115 days a year that are Holidays, Saturday or Sunday, I worked 92 of them.  We were still behind!  I also lost over three weeks vacation!

Well the reduction in stress means I should get some weight loss.  I also should have time to workout?  You see, when stressed, I eat poorly and gain weight easily.  On January 1, I topped out at 313.7 pounds.  I have not been that high since my teens.  My last high, in 2005, was 299 pounds.

Well after 10 days, I stepped on the scale and it was:




Yep, 307.1.  So that means without working out much and just watching what I eat, I dropped 6.5 pounds in 10 days.  I did get a 1-mile walk with a 0.5-mile jog and two indoor cycle rides into the last 10 days.  That is nice, yet I wonder how it would been better with regular workouts?  Either way, I am on a positive track and hope this continues.

One thought that would be nice if for a yoga partner to get the balance and core strength back to a respectable level.  I wonder if I could train the dogs to join me?



Prayers for continued success and maybe even time of the trails in 2016?

2 comments:

wildknits said...

Glad to hear work is settling down and some balance is returning. Great news on the weight loss!

Patricia Venkatesh said...

kimberly@mail.postmanllc.net