Friday, December 11, 2015

Irave and Irant but not about irack

We have the Holidays with us once again.  What is it?  Christmas” is a compound word.  It is Christ’s Mass.  In addition to “Christmas,” the holiday has been known by various other names throughout its history.  I have heard it referred to as “midwinter.” We hear Nativity.  Yule tide, the Day of Birth, and so many others.  People really get hung up on words!

This is a recent issue at the workplace.  Someone entered a “Ugly Sweater” contest last year and was voted the winner.  It may have been good, but she filed a formal complaint of inappropriate workplace behavior, and now they are only allowed to refer to the sweaters as “Holiday” sweaters.  This is really stupid to me.  She entered a wet T-shirt contest, and the child complained that water was spilled on her.  Some people really need to get a life and a brain.

Life has been a battle for the past few months.  I am inching to the 300-pound range.  I need to control this, but stress is at an all-time high, and happiness is at an all-time low.  I am having such issues with people and carrying those issues on my shoulders.  In addition, when you think you did an excellent job at something and everyone around you picks at the last morsel of self-pride, you have left.  It makes it so hard, and life is not fun right now!

I have a loved one who is experiencing issues.  Another human adult is just RUDE and MEAN without any known justification.  How can one human purposely try to hurt another?  There are some things we will never know!

I also see the unnecessary killing of people recently.  Terrorist attacks on innocent people and so on.  I often wonder if many of these acts just cause people to stop caring,   Like the police killing that young man in Chicago.    From what the press feeds me, it was unjustified.   I dwell on the fact that if the person just repeats others and the police, it would never have excavated.    o knows?  All I know is that it seems the whole world is impacted negatively by social media and the press, which only tell the portions of the story that incite anger or, even more, manipulate the information to get ratings or more anger.  Where does this all stop?

In a post earlier this year, I reported that I have more acquaintances who committed suicide in one year than I knew my entire life.  Why?  I  do not know, and I am not sure anyone will ever understand?

One rainy afternoon yesterday, I wondered why I had fallen into this state.  I mean, I never was an unhappy person at this level before!  I was that repeatedly optimistic person that people wanted to shut up because I was unrealistically ambitious and always cheery.    e feeling, in particular, was bothering me.    e feeling of life has passed me by, and it scares the living shit out of me! 
When you’re unhappy, you tend to think a lot about life.    When your job sucks, you’re not engaged or happy.  You’re listless and googling shit, and in general, not enjoying what’s going on.
When you love your work, a class you’re in, or a hobby after work, you’re fully present because you’re having a great time.  You’re present but not thinking.  When you aren’t thinking, you’re generally happy.   You’re not looking for an out.    The time that is passing is “worthwhile.”
So what can one do?  The first thing is to slow down, avoid social media, and absorb the real world.  I  will try this and hope it starts a solid path to a happier 2016.

No comments: