Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentines day 2015

I have never been much of a human who has special day celebrations.  A birthday, holiday or other event has always been just another day.  That is the way I was raised and unfortunately, a trait I carried onward to my son.  There are so many things I learned after the fact, and I wish I would have taught my son to appreciate and cherish special days with more heart.  Just another regret!

This is the first year where I had no choice but to ignore this special day.  I fell ill yesterday with the worse case of the flu / cold I have ever experienced.  Extreme trouble breathing, can't stand without difficulty and if I eat, it flows through the body at rapid speed.  Not a great way to get out of the required/desired Valentines Day activities, but this year, I unintentionally avoided the mad rush to celebrate a special day.

To me, everyday should be Valentines Day.  I think my life would have been so much different had I had the patience and the heart to live each day as a special day and to carry that effort forward to all I meet.  Oh well, just one more regret?

I need to rush to the restroom!  Carry on my friends!

No comments: