Wednesday, August 27, 2014

More and the MoJo is missing

The world was my oyster. I was full of energy. I didn’t have excessive responsibilities.  My mojo cup was filling up.
How’s my cup looking now?  I am older, promoted at work and survived three major lawsuits and feel the effects of mojo depletion.  I am overweight, tired, milky, and my days are cut way too short of free time. I look like a plump squirrel, and felt that life, as I had known it disappeared with my 38-inch waist. My mojo was no mo’.  I recently had my 9th known person commit suicide this year alone.  WOW, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!
The word “mojo” derives from an African language and relates to magic and spells to generate luck and power. In today’s language, the word still refers to a source of vigor, energy, sexual potency and power. An entire Austin Powers movie was devoted to his lost mojo and his desperate search to find it. He ultimately discovers his mojo is within, and that he had access to it all along. Groovy baby!  I feel depleted, overwhelmed, stressed-out, frumpy, tired, bored or lethargic and that means I for sure have lost my mojo.
I find it is really hard to find the motivation to reclaim a lost mojo. But I can’t remain in this mojo-less place for too long, or my lost mojo might mushroom into a full-blown depression. I know just making some small life changes can release the magic of a mojo so that I can begin to feel more energy and enthusiasm about myself and all that this beautiful world has to offer.  Here are some things I know I need to do, but keep delaying!

I need to address Stress. I feel overwhelmed and stressed and need lighten the load and address the source of the stress before I do anything else.  The way it is I have chest discomfort and difficulty breathing several times a day.  It’s works too many demands on my time from family or friends, I need to pinpoint the reason and take action. I know very few things in life are worth the physical and emotional toll of chronic stress, yet it is going on a full year now!
I need to remember “What Fun Is”. Fun is way underrated but it is an essential element of a strong mojo.  As I write this, I have a pen and paper and try to jot down the times in my life when I really had fun.  I am going blank.  That is sad!
I need to get Physical and take An Electronic Sabbatical. It’s so easy to plop in front of the television or computer when I am feeling low on mojo. Once I am in that chair, it is so hard to get back up.  I need to read something inspirational or motivating. No more sitting and zoning out.
Overall, my Mojo Is Late and I should not wait. I must take action to get my groove back, but I am still feeling lethargic, tired or in the dumps after a few months.  I am contemplating seeing a doctor. There are a variety of physical and emotional reasons for losing the mojo, and it might be something as simple as low iron or poor sleeping habits.


In the end, I need to take action and reclaim my magic.

No comments: