Thursday, August 26, 2010

Going to Superior 100

Not to run but to get away, intermittently help out the runner, and have fun with Shelley. It's been a while since we've had a getaway together, and I will need to monitor my time at the stations and with other friends.

I plan on leaving town at about 6 AM Friday and stopping by some aid stations along the way. I will have my camera at hand, so all you runners can stop before the station to comb your hair and, if needed, put on makeup (kidding). I am also looking to maybe do a late-night leg with a runner and maybe that last part if there is a pal who is on the edge and could use a little push. Of course, that depends on how my next two weeks evolve.

I have been off the levequin for over a week and can feel the difference. I did have a little home invasion of dust mites/fleas or something. My son and I woke with mosquito-like bites (3-5 each night) that were such a nuisance. A little bomb spay after a thorough cleaning and then re-cleaning has taken care of it, but it was really a pain! At least with the medicine taking me out, I had time.

I took my son back to Colorado a little over a week ago. It was a nice trip, and we saw a great sunset.

Also took a 4-mile hike in a place called Mayhem Gulch. It would have been a great trail to run on! Did not take the Garmin, but it was up, up, up, and turned around, and we went down, down, down... You can see the zig-zag of the trail on the side of the mountain.


Anyway, that is an update. Only a little new other than being busy and staying alive.

As a final note, my pal Carl has ceased his Blog. I wrote a piece a while back on "WHY BLOG" as I wondered why several times. Then I thought about it... In summary, to keep in touch, share joys and sorrows... Just to have a place to share our thoughts and desires. I understand Carl's decision, but I wish he had reconsidered. A once-a-month post is relatively easy, and you know what? It is the only way I can keep in touch if I cannot run. But the trend is to get info on Facebook nowadays but that is so fragmented and all over the place, the blBlogreates a local place for all the successes and possible DNF's for one person, in one place, in order. I enjoy reading so many blogs of people I do not know, but I can feel their successes and failures and empathize. So please, Carl, reconsider... And Wayne, I like the BlBlogetter!!!

Even though I do not comment, I keep up with what is going on, and I read those who post. Thanks! (Yes, that is Beth, Denise, Steve's (both), Don, Mike, Helen, Kel, Lisa, and so many others.)

I hope I captured a nice digital image of you having fun at the 100 or 50. If not, please enjoy the day and smile.

Carry on, my friends...

4 comments:

SteveQ said...

There seems to be a general blah feeling out there in blogging and running - maybe it's just the weather, maybe it's a sign of the times. I'm thinking of going up to Superior and find someone who needs a pacer for the section of the course I haven't done (Sawbill to Carlton Peak) during early daylight hours; I've checked - that's 32-36 hour finish time.

Mike W. said...

Great sunset, I agree with your thoughts, I read everyones blog but don't often post, I will miss Carl's, see you at Superior.

SteveQ said...

Ummm, I meant Sugarloaf, not Sawbill.

Beth said...

Londell, thanks for the encouraging words on my blog and for thinking of me. I hope you had a great time at Superior and can't wait to read about it. I've got a mouse in my basement and it looks like I will have some time at home to handle my pest issue, too. Take care and thanks again.