Thursday, December 3, 2009

Update, thoughts

For the first time in a long time, I looked at my junk email box. I have a great spam filter, but I am beginning to think I must be on the world's list of under-endowed men. I have more junk mail on male issues than I would expect. Maybe once you reach 45, you go on some list? Either way, I deleted 631 emails tonight, and I did not read any; I just skimmed them. And that was just from the last six weeks!

My weight has dropped 3 pounds in the two weeks since I started this new goal. I was hoping for a 2-pound-per-week average. I will not cry over 1.5 when the holidays are upon us. I have been working out for an average of about 45 minutes a day: stationary bike, elliptical, and 15% grade treadmill at 2.5 to 2.0 MPH. My heart rate is not even up in these, and I'm not sure if that is a concern. I'm still trying to shake the chest congestion that has been there for months.

There have been some recent posts about one of my favorite running spots. I have run the Minnesota River bottoms on the Bloomington side for years. The area from Lyndale to Highway 169 is flat, but if you go to the end of Cedar Avenue and go towards Lyndale, there are actually some hills. Not Murphy or Lebabnon-type hills, but at least a change in elevation that is note-worthy.

I hope to be back on that trail at least four to five times a week by March. It could be a great time for organized Wednesday night runs! It's such a nice trail, and I guess I am biased as I live less than a mile from it!

So, as with many, goals get shifted and changed due to things outside our control. Races canceled and races questionable. I have been getting pressure to do Grandma's again. But that is a hard thing to get excited about. I made the 25-year goal, and that was it. Once again, I do not care to have the crowds and over-charging for everything at the event. Who knows, one thing at a time!

In case you forget, on December 26, there will be a Stud Brothers reunion at Bunkers. If you need a reminder, Mick Sterling and the Stud Brothers are great!!! I am planning on being there! I thought I may put this in here now as many of us are busy during the Holidays and posting less and less. Hibernation is common.

Carry on...

1 comment:

Beth said...

You are doing great with your weight loss goal. Very nice especially during the holiday season. March isn't too far away and you will be back on the trails again. It will be great!