Monday, July 20, 2009

Took off bandages

Today is the day I took off the bandages. I could have yesterday, but I was too tired. The knee does not hurt much, but I can not bend it much past 60 degrees. It is swollen more than I thought I would see, so I continue to ice it. I have taken very little pain medicine. When I had, it was for the right shoulder pain I had left from the bike accident.

Tonight, I will walk a little without the crutch and without all the wrapping. It feels funny? Sort of weak and funny but more from the swelling than anything. It has only been 79 hours since the surgery, so I should not expect much more.

That is a minor update. I am still weeks away from running, but at least I can walk. I don't know how far, nor am I worried about that right now.

Carry on...

1 comment:

Beth said...

A friend of mine is an ER nurse. She says that studies have shown that people who take their pain meds heal faster. Pain triggers more inflamation. Take care of yourself and I'm glad that you are walking and on the road to recovery.