Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It is here... or close

At the writing of this entry, I had less time before the start of the race than I anticipated finish time. It is just over 34 hours from now. I will be 200 miles from home and 102.6 miles on the Superior Hiking Trail Lutsen, where I hope to be before 38 hours of constant movement ends… I am not as nervous or excited as last year; in fact, I am not confident in my ability to finish. Many challenges will surprise me throughout the race, but I must keep going until told to stop. That is the key, as I see it.

Either way, it has been another interesting year of preparation. Challenges were more than I cared for, and life was ever-changing. Emotions run wild as I overevaluate much of what I am doing and what I desire for the future. No matter what, I can only do my best, and that is what I will do. My next entry will be my success or failure report. Take care and smile!

Carry on…

4 comments:

Mike W. said...

Best of luck, you already have success you are heading north to try and you will do great. I look forward to hearing of your success. Just keep moving - carry on.

keith said...

you can do it, Londell!!

Kel said...

I have confidence that you can finish. And if you don't, think of it as feedback rather than failure.

See you this weekend!

SteveQ said...

"Interesting year of preparation" indeed! You'll be fine; just stay positive and keep moving forward.