Friday, March 30, 2018

First ride to work.

I got on a bicycle on Saturday (six days ago) and rode 20.16 miles. It was a nice ride, yet my backside was feeling the pain. I tried to ride on Sunday and made four miles before I quit. My bottom needs some seat conditioning!

I looked forward to finding this week, but the weather was COLD.  With the wind chill, it was below 20 degrees.  Lord knows I gained enough padding to be warm, but that is untrue.  On Wednesday, it was around freezing, so I decided to ride.  I was able to keep a solid pace, even though I needed to use care for possible Ice.  It was 17 miles in just under an hour.  There were two locations where Ice was an issue and one mud hole!

The ride home was difficult.  There was a slight wind, and I was tired.  I struggled as this was only the fourth ride of the year.  I was able to keep close to 17 MPH for the ride home.  So, it was 34 miles for the day, and I was feeling good.  On Thursday, it was 24 degrees and felt like 10.  I am beginning to wonder if the winter will end!

I am anxious to ride more.  That is a good feeling!

Carry on, my friends...

No comments: