Sunday, August 9, 2015

Increase from 9.8 to 12.6!

I once ran on average 5 days per week.  Then I had knee surgery and slowly, I stopped running.  I did not start walking.  I started biking. 

I have been attempting to bike to work more often than once a week this year.  I did make three days one week and half the time I made two days a few times.  Just under 1/3rd the weeks starting April, I did not ride at all.

I have complained about work not being more than a major stressor and long hours required to complete the tasks at hand.  Like I had stated before, we have 1/3rd fewer staff we had in 2006 and we are by far busier.  Now I agree, technology could have reduced one position.  We have been trying to fill the positions but seem to take forever.  We have a staff member quit over one year ago and we are just starting the process to permanently fill that position.  The good is I see in November, my work life may be tolerable again!  I will take a vacation but not sure where.  I have lost over three weeks vacation, as it was unused over the past few years.

Health wise (THIS IS T.M.I. so feel free to skip a two paragraphs), in June my hemoglobin was 9.8 grams of hemoglobin per deciliter.  My most recent test was still low at 12.6, but improved.  I think the improvement is the result of bismuth subsalicylate, metronidazole and tetracycline.  I have nausea with occasional vomiting, headache, and dizziness.  What I hate more is the metallic taste in my mouth.

I am not seeing blood in the stool as often.  I generally have to balance the pain with taking Advil and caffeine to stay awake; both are not good for an ulcer.  I am really tired of the fatigue (no pun intended), weakness and shortness of breath!

I am really looking forward to a quick trip in a few weeks.  It is forcing me to leave the office, which I need. 

I picked up a new bicycle attachment I an anxious to try.  One thing I miss about running is the music or audio books.  While biking, wind noise is high and you really need to hear around you.  I purchased an Ivation1000mAh speaker system for my bicycle and cat ears for the wind.  I hope the weather is good tomorrow?  One thins that is nice is for the first time in a long time I am excited about the low cost purchase and hope they make a bike commute far more enjoyable.

If you are not aware, I have started an extensive Root Beer Review blog.  I purchased over 50 brands and little by little, I am reviewing them based on my preferred enjoyment.  Amazing to me after the first 10 how different the same product is in this world.  Imagine if a tomato had over 30 different tastes but labeled and looked the same?

On a final note, I recently saw the Fruitcake Lady on you tube.  For those who know here, enjoy a memorable laugh.  For those who do not, enjoy it anyway. 



While I am at it, here is one of my favorite Tonight Show clips.  What is amazing, there are new staff (young) who asked me, “Who are they?” when they see Joe Friday (Jack Webb) and Johnny Carson.  The skit means so much more if you have watched Dragnet.




No comments: