Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another run

I did another 2-mile run. It was rather enjoyable. Well, kind of sucked in the process, but after I was done, it was so great when I was done. The Strassburg sock helps the PF, but the pain in my toes in the morning is odd. I will take a little toe pain over the PF pain in the morning.

There is a benefit for Larry and Colleen Pederson next weekend. My son is here from Colorado, and I am working tennis and will miss it. If anyone wants to meet great people, help great people, and work off a little post-Thanksgiving calories, check it out! It should be great!

I talked to a few friends, and they pointed out the Wild West Relay. If I return to it by next year, I may have to have my son and a few others try it. It is 36 legs and 200 miles. There are several 7-12 team runners. Entry is about $1,300. I like the Flatliners (all runners live below 2,500 feet). Minnesota qualifies! They have structured formats or Helter Skelter, where anyone can run whatever they can. Leave Fort Collins and head to Wyoming, then southwest, over the mountains! Any interest?

For a shorter race, consider The Colorado Relay? Both sound cool...

This is the type of event that can make me dream and motivate me as needed...

Either way, I have a few weeks where I will work no less than 70 hours, so one week at a time. May we all have a great Thanksgiving, and take care of yourselves.

I want to close with a story I heard today:

A man was running behind an Amish Carriage which had a bumper sticker that read:

"Energy efficient vehicle. Runs on grass and oats."

This was on one bumper, and on the other, it read:

"CAUTION: AVOID THE EXHAUST!"

Carry on, my friends, carry on...


1 comment:

Beth said...

You are so busy! Congrats on your two miles and no PF pain. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!