Monday, February 18, 2008

Some things are not the same...

Running on a trail and running on the road are different! That sounds simple, but I had a rude awakening on Saturday. I decided to run the road to work and then the trail home after work, as this would give me 4 miles on the road, followed by 10 on the trail on the way home. On the way to work, I was in the grove, staring hard at the road as if there were rocks, roots, or other impediments. Well, I just strolled along and kept going right through the intersection where I had the stop sign, and the car did not. Close call scared the crap out of me and made me recall, it has been so long since I had been on the road, I need to watch out. Felt so stupid!

Running has been going well, staying above 30 miles a week, lifting weights 4 days a week, riding a stationary bike 70-100 miles, and the elliptical. I am watching what I eat but have had no weight loss in the past two weeks. Just keep pushing on, I have faith that once I can get outside regular, this will help. The quality of the workout indoor can not match a good outdoor workout. I was regularly outdoors in February in past years? It could be with the nagging cold and congestion I am having issues getting outside. Either way, I have the 100 to train for and need to keep pushing… on the trails, as I appear to be a little too stupid for the street!

I'm looking forward to some great group runs for the spring and am really looking forward to the Superior 50K. 

 Carry on…

No comments: