Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fireworks, 2nd try...

In 2012, I made my first effort at fireworks photography.  I was pleased, but the photos could have been better. 

In 2013, I think I improved.  There is still improvement needed to do to get those perfect shots, but for 2013 I spent the week before thinking about where to shoot, and what background and foreground would be best.  I made a decision and waited for good weather.  I think it was a good location, although the lake was so filled with scum that the reflection was not as good as I desired. 

Below are some examples of my efforts.







The entire spectrum of shots is on the Flickr page. I am really enjoying the photo experience. I look at things differently and see things I did not see before as I look globally—not world-like globally, but at the details in the subject, the foreground, and the background. Visualize how the three's contrast, composition, and relationship make the ideal photo. I hope I can improve for 2014. That is always the best goal we can have in life. Improve and be happy with the progress.

So, I am looking forward to spending a great deal of Friday on the Superior Trail 100 mile using my newfound visualization skills to see what improvements I can make in using the subject, foreground, and background to tell the story in a snapshot. I hope to succeed, but if not, the journey is wonderful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Finally I got a blog from where I be capable of really take helpful facts concerning
my study and knowledge.

My web site :: medical school interview preperation