Monday, March 10, 2008

On the upswing

My knee does not hurt. I have been limiting workouts to the bike and elliptical for the past 9 days. I am going to continue with such as my son is here this week and he has my time and he loves to lift weights. So I will stay in the gym for the week. I was a little nervous about my knee but feeling better. It still has a little twinge but overall, I think I will be fine with a little more time off. I am really looking forward to LSD runs in the parks… I just need to get outside. I am so far behind the idols in my realm... Julie Berg did a 50 miles in the cold and then 14 miles the next day. Adam H, slowed by a minor injury, is really packing in the workouts, in a very analytical way. (SEE THE LINKS TO THEIR BLOGS ON THE MAIN PAGE.) Oh well, it is good to have people who inspire we humans to get off the duff and get on the trails.

I joined the Upper Midwest Trail Runner group. I think this will be an outstanding site for complaining s much information into one place to make coordinating and finding activities so much simpler. I am excited and glad to see there are so many great running minds in charge… It is sure to be a success and I am happy to have the opportunity to support the effort.

Other than that change, I am looking forward to riding my bike to work this week. Weather looks positive and I am so excited. Work is only just under four miles and it takes me 13-15 minutes by bike (door to door) and 8-12 minutes by car. Easy decision if the weather if right.

Carry on…

3 comments:

Wayne said...

Londell, sounds like you've been smart with the knee... glad to hear it's getting better. See you at Superior if not before.

SteveQ said...

Welcome to the UMTR! Take care off that knee and I'll see you on the trails.

Adam said...

Hey Londell,
If you're healthy enough will you be going down to Larry's Zumbro run in April? I'm doing everything I can to make it work.