Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Long ride

Today, I decided to ride even though I was still limping.  I have a very painful outer lower calf on the right and ankle pain on the left.  It was over 90 degrees, and there was little wind, so it may not have been the best day to push it.  I drank 50 ounces of water and drank all of it.

My ride was 33.84 miles (2:43:50) and 1,483 feet of climb.  I decided to check the best route to the assisted living facility my mother will call home in a few weeks.  For the first 17 miles, I used very little battery, and the workout was challenging.  On the way home, I used the battery for about half the ride.  I was pleased with Bosch's statistics from the ride.

Overall, it felt good.  The ankle and calf were manageable, and I will see how I feel in the morning.  I will likely ride tomorrow as the weather forecast is for significant storms.  Then it will be August already!  WOW!  It is hard to believe I have been retired for six months already!

When I retired, I decided not to weigh myself and get emotional about my weight.  I will let it be and see the results at my next primary checkup with the physician in December.  When I had the follow-up visit in April, I had lost 14 pounds over the 8 weeks I was retired.  I was surprised but happy. 

No comments: