Monday, July 8, 2024

Posterior ankle impingement?

I am experiencing extreme pain in my left ankle. It comes and goes but when it spasms, it is very painful. This has been going on for several weeks with more frequent spasm-like pain! I have been figuring out what it might be. Based on everything I have read, I assume it is Posterior ankle impingement. That makes sense, as it's most painful when I point my toes away from my knee or shin. It doesn't hurt when I try to stretch by putting my foot against the wall and leaning forward. I don't know what the best option is!  I did get a few long rides last week, yet with the ankle, it was fewer than I wanted. 

This is not the best week to have this ankle pain because my girlfriend's seven grandkids and daughters, 18 months to nine years old, are with us at Grandview Lodge for a vacation. It gets so crazy with all these kids running around; three are from one daughter and the other daughter.  Since the grandkids don't see each other much, it results in a lot of tension, arguing, and frustration. 

My mother needs some assisted living options.  So, I have been wrapped up in sorting through the information with my sister as we prepare to move her closer to us.  She has remained on the farm after my father passed about 15 months ago.  I think she is getting quite lonely, and the need for assistance would decrease if she had social activities to raise her spirits.  One will never know, but we found a new home for him about 13 miles from my house, so I can bike to visit.  

In closing, retired 5 months ago, and the excitement has worn off.  I am still happy I retired, but now there are so many things filling the days that I need a break.  Things like seal coating the driveway, thoroughly cleaning the gutter, trimming trees, fixing rotted steps, landscape edging repair, and so much more.  The list of things I see keeps getting longer, and I am more exhausted!  Like a typical American, never finding the balance to be happy and healthy!

Carry on, my friends, Carry on.

No comments: