Monday, August 26, 2024

Solid Biking

After my sister and I completed moving our mother to a partially dependant home, stress decreased.  Now that I visit her more often, I see the degradation of her mind.  It is depressing as she rarely recalls yesterday and never wants to leave her room.  At times, she seems to have flashes of memories but is unsure how valid her recollections are.  All I can do is wait and review.  

Last week, I totaled 100 miles with 3,562 feet of climb on my bicycle, many without using the e-bike motor. I can feel it in my legs! I know I am getting stronger yet very sore after each ride. My ankle pain increased as well.  I hope to keep up the trend.

As stated in April, I decided to weigh myself in my 6-month follow-up.   While I feel like I lost weight, I am unsure if that is being stronger without weight loss or a combination.  All I can do is continue to monitor intake, reduce stress, and enjoy retirement.  Of course, a pun about weight loss - I went to the paint store to get thinner!  It did not work!  I thought that was funny!

The college football season is upon us. The NDSU Bison (FCS football) will play the Colorado Buffalos (FBS) on Thursday night.  While I hope for a Bison win, this should be a hard matchup.  The Bison have a new coach, and Colorado, while they appear solid, has been a portal revolving door.  They have a handful of NFL-ready players; it is just a matter of an adequate supporting cast. 

Until later - Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments: