Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Over 9 months?

Nearing the second full year of COVID-19 issues, I pray all remain healthy. Striking a few years have nearly passed, and I can only wonder.  Minor updates are well overdue.  Major updates?

In the spring of 2020, I decided to stop looking at Facebook. The divisiveness caused by friends and emotions was not healthy. I made a political joke and immediately had a few friends and blocks. IT WAS A JOKE.

In November 2020, I stated I would not cut my hair or shave until I was vaccinated.  In early April 2020, I shaved and had a haircut.  Here are some images to chuckle over,

Three weeks before I cut my hair.

My son said he thinks I resemble someone?

I bet I would be questioned about getting on an airplane.

This summer, I have attempted to bicycle as much as possible.  However, working from home and being busy meant about twice a week. I had lost 10 pounds since last summer compared to today when I went to the doctor for the annual checkup.  Of course, it's not a good time to go for a yearly checkup, as I crashed the bike on Friday.  Slight concussion and the body was bruised severely.  I was disoriented and took a few days to feel better in the head.  I went right over the handlebars, and the rear tire followed me.  A long story of how it happened, a summary that was too fast and had a limited sight distance.  Below is a picture of my left leg; the right is slightly less beat up.


Some things I miss and learned along the way.


  • Do I no longer see Maria Barton strolling by the house on her runs in the morning? I hope she is still doing fine.
  • I no longer see the people in the neighborhood as much as we all crawled into a cave.
  • The bullying and divisive tactics of the past President have created a divide among friends.
  • Never imagined families who once were great friends now hate each other over a vaccine.
  • I do not see events where old friends can catch up and enjoy a day.
  • The cancel culture has us all afraid to talk.  I even had someone chastise me for opening a door for a female.  They said I was saying she was a weaker person and an insult.  So, I guess that is not appropriate?
  • I was told that complimenting someone on their literacy was a microaggression and never to say that again.
  • I miss people caring for one another instead of making themselves look better by bringing others down.

I took some time off after losing over 120 hours of vacation from March 2020 to April 2021. In April, I flew to Houston to help my son and his Girlfriend move to Cary, North Carolina, a GREAT city. I desire to visit Cary more than I ever did Houston. That was a challenging yet lovely two weeks.


My Girlfriend Shelley had a tough year.  Her life enjoyment was over the top as both her daughters lived close by, and she could see the granddaughters and grandsons whenever she wanted.  Then, her oldest daughter moved to Nashville, Tennessee, and about nine months later, her youngest moved to Fayetteville, Arkansas.  She has lost so much of her happiness and cries often.  She puts on an excellent front for her daughters, significantly changing her.  And not for the better.  It was not like they had to move; they all had great jobs; they just desired to relocate.  I wonder if they will ever understand the pain they caused their mother?  I doubt it, and I want to tell them, but what good will serve.  I hate to see Shelley so sad.


I could say so much more, yet it may get too long. As I assume many, there are more downs caused by COVID-19 and the politically divisive atmosphere than ups. The main point is that despite highs and lows, we are still alive and taking each day as a gift.


Carry on, my friends, carry on!

No comments: