Monday, November 8, 2021

Getting cold, crashed again

 I am fully aware that we are nearing another winter.  The high temperature later this week is in the 40s.  Yet, the clarity of the season's holds evades me as I have read so many "projections." One thing is for sure, as George Carlin would say, "I guarantee it will get colder followed by warmth in the future."

I think the outdoor bicycle season has ended—not a moment too soon, as I crashed the second time in two weeks.  The first resulted in many baby bruises, but this one took some flesh.  It hurt less than the first one.  The excellent aspect is that there was no significant damage to the bicycle, and I will heal. 

I have the Wahoo Kickr set up with my Surly Long Haul Trucker.  I currently have my Zwift account active, and today, I joined Rouvy for 6 months. I will drop the Zwift account soon.  They are both solid; I have many more route options in Rouvy.  Here is the last ride data.  https://www.strava.com/activities/6230292557  Rouvy has significantly more data, but I'm just wondering how to give public access.

One welcome life highlight is that work demands have slowed.  I feel so much better with the whole 48-hour week and one weekend day off!  I have already logged over 2,100 hours of rate per year, and this decrease in demand was needed.  I have been walking the burnt tightrope.

I did spend the last 10 days with the dog while Shelley was in Arkansas, spending time with her new grandchild. While there, she was able to experience the grandsons. With so many grandkids, I often wonder if we will ever do anything together again. That is life, not a complaint. The dog and I are accustomed to being in the big house alone. 





I hope you all stay healthy, happy, and wise.  

Carry on, friends, Carry on...

No comments: