Friday, September 26, 2014

Another Month, another life taken…

I spent the better part of the morning crying for someone I had only briefly known.  A young man of 16 decided life was not worth continuing and ended his life.  That makes 8 people I knew personally this year and then there are the four I knew of but no personal connection who took their lives as well.

I will never understand, but at times I wonder if I do?  I have that innate ability not to quit, so I see things and approach difficult times differently.  I always understand life is what we make of it. 

I have a co-worker who is ill often, who will often complain about how much he does not enjoy his work.  He feels under-appreciated and just wants to quit his job.  He said he wished he enjoyed his work half as much as I did.  He was shocked when I said for the past 6 months, I HATE my job.  I despise getting up and coming to work, as it is a heavy burden without much satisfaction.  He said no one would ever know that, as I am always joyful and very productive.

I explained life is what we make of it.  I explained during many of the marathons and longer races I finished, I hated running.  Riding my bicycle from Denver, Colorado to Minneapolis, Minnesota there were several times I hated biking.  But just like life, there are ups and downs and what forms us is how we use attitude to get through the lows.  The there is joy from getting through the hell we often find before us on a daily basis.

I am in an all time low right now.  Not sure anyone cold tell, because I know I was not put on the earth to quit and smile as I work through the lows.  It is a shame so many acquaintances have found it easier to quit.  I will never understand and for that I guess I am blessed.  May you never quit and use a positive attitude to enjoy the life you have before you.


Carry on my friends, Carry on…

No comments: