Sunday, April 16, 2023

The older you get, the stranger the message

 As previously posted, my place of employment has become EXTREMELY TOXIC. The new Administration is much like a clique in high school. Some are the chosen ones, the targets, and those in the middle to do as little as possible and only as told so as not to be noticed.  

We are treated based on the Director's attitude rather than equality and fairness. I am not a favorite, and my physician states that I need to reduce stress, or I may not have a retirement year. I have been great;y concerned about heart issues with all the pressure and abuse from the leadership. As with most medical problems, the delay in getting a full review is crazy. They think a follow-up echocardiogram is essential with concern, but they can only get in in July!

Another stressful reality is everyone in the office was friendly and enjoyed being in the office together; the administration has created an environment in which it is best to shut up, do your work and leave. I recently had one employee I saw in the parking lot, and I said, "Been a while."  They apologized and explained they knew the Director hated me and was harsh to those who considered me a friend. So they go out of their way to avoid me. Again they are concerned if the Director sees them talk to me, they will start to get the wrath. In fact, they created an acronym, "WOK," and say avoiding the WOK should be the most important goal.

I am at the point where I know the longer I stay, the longer the Administration is unhappy, but I will wait to see if I am forced out like some others forced out. I have already hired a legal counsel and have documented everything well in case the Director decides to come after me hard. I need to eliminate my healthcare coverage concerns until next spring before I retire.

Over the past few years, I came to my office, and books were placed on my deck. Some are like "five years before you retire" or "how to retire early. I take this as a subtle message to leave. Then I found the book below. What a message. How can I handle trying to figure out from the Director if it may be a threat from a friend or friendly advice? Either way inappropriate, but I now have it sitting on my desk, thinking the one who put it there may put it back?


Then a few weeks ago, I came to work, and the book below was on my chair. I know this was not from the Director, but who was the Secret Santa? I don't know what to take of the messages.

In other news, age makes it harder to do things that were EASY in the past. This past weekend I changed the tire on the bicycle. After destroying three tubes trying to get the tire mounted, I gave up and paid a bike shop unlike to do it. Still changes the sprocket and chain with ease, but the tire was near impossible for me to accomplish.

As I prepare for retirement, I am upgrading my photo-taking and processing system.  I have the 2016 I-Mac that I have used for photography post-processing, and it has really slowed.  So I took the plunge and purchased the Mc Studio.  WOW, what a difference.  On the 2016 I-Mac loading Photoshop or Lightroom to well over 30 seconds.  My Mac Studio is under 10 seconds, and post-processing photos is a blink now.  In addition, there are no delays in processing.

I am not going to upgrade the cameras.  My two Nikon D810s and my D-600 are still my go-to and they do a great job, so not grading.  In the coming months, I may share more photos, only time will tell.  As I age, I realize time is not infinite.

Carry on my friends, carry on. 

No comments: