Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Tagged by google

 I received an email from Google about a post from 2008.  It was tagged as inappropriate as the header was dirty girls.  It was about the gaters used by many ultra runners.  I changed the header, and they released it.  It can be viewed here:  http://runlondell.blogspot.com/2008/09/dirty-girls.html 

That was the highlight of the week.  I have been spending a great deal of time reviewing my retirement options.  As I had reported before, the work environment is at a high level of toxicity.  One supervisor seems to go out of their way to make employees, including me, feel terrible.  Is it an effort to get us to leave?  The only positive thing about going to work and doing my best is I know it irritates those who created the toxic environment.  It is like the world is now; you can say whatever you want as long as I agree.  Say anything else and risk ridicule, threats, or persecution.  It's all too bad, but it is a reality.

I have slowly bounced back from low Iron.  I no longer have a strong desire to chew ice, but I still have shortness of breath and fatigue.  It is a six-month path with oral supplements as the insurance will not cover the injectafir treatments, which were successful in 2017 and again in 2019 when I was low.  The follow-up is July 19.

I have been riding a little more.  Since January, the rides have seemed so HARD.  A few days ago, I found the relative intensity setting on my software (Rouvy) was set at 150%!  That explains why I questioned my conditioning going down the drain so fast.  I did a ride yesterday at the 100% setting, and it was gratifying; I did not feel like I died.

I did get my first SUPEr photo of a bird recently.  A Cooper Hawk was just hanging around in the neighborhood, and I got pictures without scaring it away.  A sample is below:


I will close with a good joke I heard.  A comb was the best gift for a bald man because he could never part with it!

Carry on, my friends, carry on!

No comments: